Release Date: 21/04/2017
One Saturday night in October last year, four of Manchester’s freshest indie acts played unforgettable sets to a totally packed-out Band on the Wall. The night was Music from the North and the live EP of the same name was recorded there and then. After being mixed, produced and mastered by award-winning producer Dave Tolan at his Hope Mill Studio, Music from the North will be released first on limited edition CD on 28th April, 2017. Hear it first and get your copy, iTunes release will be 12th May.
The EP will have its exclusive on-air debut 26th April, during a special episode of Steve Doyle’s (SD) Sonic Diary on 94.4FM Salford City Radio. A1M Records is donating copies of the Music from the North CD to Salford City Radio, who will be selling them to their listeners to raise funds towards the much-loved music station’s fight for survival. This is a limited edition with only 300 being pressed.
The 9-track EP features live music from The Moods, East Manchester’s premier electro hip hop reggae outfit, The Backhanders (“Swirling guitars and intensely-spat lyrics that brim with authentic Strummer soul.”), The Nouvelles (“Upbeat, powerful, tight and well-crafted tunes from these BBC 6 Music ‘Fresh on the Net’ regulars.”) and JB Barrington (“Brilliantly funny, Northern poet, touches the heartstrings and jangles the odd nerve”.)
1. The Moods - Document 1 - Live
2. The Backhanders - Don't Let Your Man Know - Live
3. JB Barrington - Posh Nosh - Live
4. The Nouvelles - Heart Of The Nation - Live
5. JB Barrington - Things Me Mam Used To Say - Live
6. The Moods - Missing Peace - Live
7. The Backhanders - Names On The Doors - Live
8. JB Barrington - Sunglasses - Live
9. The Nouvelles - Sisters Of The World - Live